Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Promised Mom


I promised my mom some pictures of the table deko from my birthday party. Anja and I found both the tiny wellies and the fake grass hysterical. The flowers in the boots are real. The mini rubber ducks were given to the children as favors . Funnily enough , I just remembered that I bought these table cloths (at Ikea) 10 years ago. Anja and I had discovered that our birthdays are only a few days apart and we celebrated together for the first time, inviting the laidies in our club. I wish I could remember the menu .
This birthday the menu was chili con carne, onion bread , honey oat bread, a cheese platterwith grapes and strawberries, brownies and tiramizu. All of it home made. I even baked the finger biscuts for the tirimzu.

5 comments:

mainely stitching said...

OMG Rachael, that is a total hoot!!! It almost convinces me that I should actually celebrate my birthday instead of just letting the day go as it will. ;)

Cheryl in AZ said...

It looks GREAT!! Bet you all had a wonderful time. Amazing how time goes by.

One day I will get to join you for celebrating birthdays. I have decided this!

Annemarie said...

Awww, isn't that fablous! I love those wellies! I hope you had a wonderful time, but with such table arrangements, how could you not have :o)

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

How fun!!! So cheerful and unique ~ love it.

Dianne said...

What fun! I have only used boots as a decoration outside but they were ceramic.
The food sounded great. Thanks for sharing your merriment.