Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Some finishes



I have had A few finishes lately but as they are all gifts, I can't show them right away. This bear was an exchange in my mailart group. I bought the bear at Ikea and then dressed him as a pirate. Note the hook inplace of his right paw- this was my DH's idea- cute huh!! I packed him in his own little bag to send him to his new owner and he arrived today. The yellow socks are for my Mom. I finished them on Sunday and mailed them to her on Monday. She knows they are on there way so no real surprise there. They are such a pretty soft yellow- I really like them. Alexander picked out the pattern. I started a new pair of socks for my friend Moni. Worked on Barbara's RR last night- it is coming along nicely. I am planning on starting a new project tonight or tomorrow- a sampler for a special occasion for a special person. I received the chart in the mail today and am looking forward to seeing it grow. I also have another pair of socks on the needles- another gift. I seem to be doing a lot of stuff for other people lately- but it feels nice:-)

4 comments:

mainely stitching said...

That bear is just too darn cute, Rachael! Wish I'd thought of something so clever when I saw bears at Ikea last time!! :-)

Annemarie said...

Awww, bless the bear! And those socks! The sock-knitting book arrived yesterday, and despite hours of diligent study, I still don't understand the art of sock knitting. I will though. I will....

Dianne said...

Your creative juices are flowing! Great socks and an adorable bear-arrghh (pirate imitation). ; )

Von said...

Great exchange idea, Rachael!
Lovely pair of socks for your Mom - lucky lady. :D