Friday, May 11, 2007

Busy....


This is my baking afternoon production. Twenty four cupcakes, a small heart shaped cake , brownies, two carrot cakes and a loaf of bread. The cupcakes and the heart are from a yellow cake mix. But the rest are not and are all made with spelt flour. The brownies are from the back of the hershey cacoa box- this is a great recipe as you only need one bowl and a spoon to make them- fantastic. The carrot cake is from "The Silver Pallett", it was my sisters wedding cake. It's a bit more work as the carrots are cooked and pureed and not just grated ,but the last time I made it I did enough carrots for twice and froze it. They will get clasic cream cheese frosting - the cupcakes will get a glaze and some sort of deko too, but not until Sunday morning. The bread is with onion and cheese . I have made this a number of times - always with a slight variation -so I am never sure exactly what it will be like- keep your fingers crossed :-) The whole of this is for a communion that we are going to on Sunday. I didn't plan to make this much , but I kind of started and couldn't stop.
I pretty much began at 4:30 this afternoon and managed to clean the kitchen , shop, do laundry and iron shirts between as well. Oh and talked to my Mom , my Sister and my DH on the phone too.
My sister and I ordered a watch for my Mom for mother's Day and they sent it to her with the invoice and no gift card. She had recieved it, loved it , but simply could not remember having ordered it. I wondered that she hadn't said anthing to me because it should have reached her early this week. I finally did say something and we had a good laugh. She thought she was losing her mind.
We are off tomorrow to our friends so - have a nice weekend and a lovely Mother's Day!!!

5 comments:

Cheryl in AZ said...

No wonder Patrick said you were not home. You were so busy. You would have also talke to me today, but I did not have chance to call you back again.
Have fun this weekend.
I know just how good those brownies are, as well as the bread...mmmmmmmmm must go visit Rachael soon.....

mainely stitching said...

Good heavens, you've been a busy bee, Rachael!!! My mouth is watering, looking at this picture! Now does the spelt flour work okay for your gluten intolerence? And I must beg for the brownies recipe!!!

Unknown said...

Not fair! I can't eat any of this! ;-)

Julie said...

Hi Racheal, I'm on a diet which means that its lucky we don't live round the corner from each other or I would be there munching brownies. Everything looks very lekker. Glad you're back to knitting socks and hope DH gets home again soon. Groetjes Jules

Von said...

Busy would be an understatement here, Rachael!! How you got all those goodies baked and everything else you listed is truly amazing! Must have been one of those magical days where all the pieces fall into place. :D